Team Leader- Prevent Sexual Gender Based Violence Project
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Team Leader- Prevent Sexual Gender Based Violence Project
Reporting to: Associate Director-Grant Management
Purpose of the Position:
The Team Leader is responsible for the provision of strategic vision and overall leadership in the management of the European Union Funded Prevent! Sexual Gender Based Violence country portfolio. The Team Leader will ensure that program implementation, reports, budgets and staff are effectively managed to ensure the accomplishment of the project goal and its objectives. Also responsible for empowering staff to achieve World Vision corporate strategic goals and will leads change initiatives, which ensure that World Vision maximizes its mission and vision, and the project attains its goal
SGBV Technical Support & Reporting
- Support the Strengthening of project team staff capacities on the management of One Stop Centers (OSCs).
- Supporting the development of a strong GBV Response alignment to Global GBV minimum standards in SGBV survivor centered approaches, case management, referral pathways and coordination for project adherence outcomes
- Support the M&E team, program staff and Co-Applicants to ensure the establishment and maintenance of effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems.
Leadership and People Management
- Responsible for the overall recruitment of all project staff
- Ensure proper technical capacity of staff to manage all project activities effectively
- Provide supervision, training and performance appraisals.
- Ensure that staff performance appraisal is conducted as required and results shared with the People and Culture department
Liaison and Transition Strategies
- Liaise with host government officials, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Community Based Organizations (CBOs), United Nations (UN) agencies, other EU projects, private sector companies and organizations, and other organizations as appropriate
Capacity Building and coordination with the Lot 2 Luapula S&GBV project and the EU Technical Assistance primes
- Ensuring that capacity assessments for the Co-Applicants and local partner under the FSTP are conducted and capacity development plans are in place
- Attend all national level coordination meetings organized by Ministry of Gender (MOG) through the EU Sexual & Gender Based Violence (S&GBV) Technical Assistance Project
- Implement capacity building activities for the Co- Applicants and local partner under the Financial Support to Third Parties (FSTP)
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- A Master’s degree in public health, development studies or a related professional advanced degree;
- S/he must have a broad vision linked with a clear understanding of how to get things done amid the constraints of the country context
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant and successful project management experience including a strong track record in working with EU or other similar donor-funded projects;
- At least eight years of experience as a country/project director in a public health and/or international development project;
- Demonstrated accomplishment in working with host-country professionals, ministries and with donor colleagues in country;
- Experience in assessment, evaluation, and design of projects;
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 28 May 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
|Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!|
To apply for this job please visit careers.wvi.org.